If you enjoy the warm fellowship of other women and feel that participating in the church’s mission, the American Baptist Women (ABW) is for you. ABWomen Ministries:
American Baptist Women’s Ministries is a diverse community of American Baptist women and girls serving in ministry in Christ’s name. AB Women’s Ministries create a community of passionately faithful, mission-minded women and girls engaged in worship, service, and friendship.
WHEN WE MEET:
We meet the second Saturday of each month at 10 am for brunch, fun and friendship.
WHAT WE DO:
We work on projects as needed. These include:
- Hosting brunches that include a program and speakers
- Make bandages from sheets to send them to the Congo
- Providing bereavement meals for our Church family
ABW is also involved in sponsoring fundraisers and collections to support a variety of mission efforts within First Baptist and our local community:
- Providing financial support to our Parish Nurse Program
- Providing financial support to several Local Missions – Peoria Friendship House, Common Place, Crittenton Care Center, Center for Prevention of Abuse, American Red Cross, South Side Mission, Salvation Army, Dream Center, FBC Youth Center, Church Women United
WHY WE ENJOY IT:
- Like any time that WOMEN work on projects together, long-term friendships have been formed through participation in ABW.
- Members express a sense of satisfaction while in recognizing their contributions make an important difference in our church family.
BE PART OF THE LARGER WORLD OF ABW:
AB Women’s Ministries is part of the American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. and is affiliated regionally with the ABW of the Great Rivers Region. Through these organizations, our women have had the opportunity to serve our local community along with several national and international ministries.
Outside of the Peoria area, ABW provides support to a variety of missions and missionaries. Among them are:
- Bacone College
- Murrow Indian Children’s Home
- Kodiak Baptist Mission in Alaska.
- Missionaries in India, Mexico, Congo, and Hungary
If you might want to check out ABW or even consider joining, please contact Carolyn Ihnken at 309 685-1388.
All women are welcome and invited.