Join us to hear a mother and son who are active in Moms Demand Action speak February 16 on “Addressing Violence Prevention with Common Sense Gun Safety Measures.”
- Our speakers are Katie Jones, a psychotherapist with the OSF Strive Trauma Recovery Program, and her son, Gus Steinberg Jones, a Richwoods High School Senior.
- Katie Jones chairs the local chapter of the organization, a grassroots movement of Americans fighting for public safety measures to protect people from gun violence.
- Their presentation will cover approaches being proposed in this state and elsewhere to reduce gun violence and the effectiveness of safe-school efforts.
- It will also touch on “post-vention” – how to help crime survivors and the larger community.
- The class will meet at 11:15 in the sanctuary.
This is part of our on-going Contemporary Issues Class, where we hear speakers on a variety of social issues. You are invited!
Barb and Bernie Drake